Each weapon in Modern Combat 5: Blackout has its own statistical profile broken down into several categories.
Below is an outline of the statistical categories which each weapon's specs are broken down by:
- Armor penetration - Armor penetration negates the bullet or explosive protection provided by an enemies suit of armor.
- Damage - Refers to the basic damage output of the weapon - calculated in terms of damage per second (DPS).
- Accuracy - Refers to the basic weapon accuracy. Weapons with higher accuracy have a smaller crosshair (meaning less bullet spread) and typically have lighter recoil, making them easier to aim and insuring that shots are less likely to miss their mark.
- Range - Refers to the degree at which a weapon's damage drops off at longer ranges. Weapons with a higher range statistic experience a less significant reduction in damage when engaging targets at longer ranges.
- Rate of Fire - Refers to the weapon's rate of fire - calculated in terms of rounds-per-minute (RPM).
- Clip size - Refers to the number of rounds per magazine of the weapon. A larger clip size means that the weapon will be able to fire more rounds before having to reload.
- Mobility - Refers to the player's movement speed when equipped with the weapon. Higher mobility means that a player's movement and sprint speed will be faster with the weapon equipped.
|Modern Combat 5: Blackout game mechanics|
|Currencies||Credits • Diamond Dust • Gear Tokens • Skill Points • Energy|
|Ranking systems||League Rating • XP • Weapon Score • VIP level|
|Purchases||Supply Packs • Blueprints • Black Market • Consumables • Boosters • Power User|
|Gameplay mechanics||Activities • Armory • Bullet Control • Controls • Dog tag • Melee • Military Support • Non-ranked match • Radar • Soldier classes • Suppressors (silencers) • Weapon statistics • Weapon upgrades • Skills • Squads|
|Equipment||Weapons • Grenades • Attachments • Armor • Armor Cores|