WARNING: I am not responsible for any of your actions or their concequences.
If you don't like iOS 8, it is possible to get back to iOS 7.1.2. But not for long, so if you want to do it, don't take your time.
I don't like iOS 8 because:
- It makes my iPad Mini Retina slightly slower (the animations lag sometimes).
- There are some annoying faults with other animations, colours, or sometimes even functions like the [back] button in Settings.
- I hate the new Safari tabs.
- Video playback in iOS is worthless: you can't see how far the video is loaded anymore, the videos in websites feel slow and some other videos are not even playable anymore.
- The sound bugs in MC3 and MC4 are not caused by iOS 8, but by the updates from Gameloft.
- You will need to set up your device manually, since the iCloud copy you made is most likely from iOS 8. The iOS 7 copies are not compatible anymore also. However, you can connect to iCloud later so you will get your contacts, notes, reminders, bookmarks etc back.
|On your computer||On your iDevice|
Turn "Find my iDevice" off.
Your device will turn off and start "updating".
|Set up your device manually.|
|iTunes will maybe ask you how you want to set up your device. In this case, don't click anything. Just go to iPhoto or another program to "deactivate" your device. Then you can unplug it.|
|iOS 8 will start downloading. This takes space, so you can simply go to settings -> usage, tap the update and tap "Delete update". Now you will have all space free on your device.|
Please don't hesitate to ask questions in the comments. You don't want your device to be fkd up.