Modern Combat 5: Blackout Edit
|Compakt‑665||Charbtek‑28||UFIA PSD‑2||KR‑200||Red‑34||KOG V||PR39||Enforcer||Grinder|
|Likely based on||FG 42|
|Rate of fire||Very high|
|Mobility||Medium - high|
|Magazine size||30 - 35 - 40|
|Starting ammo||9 magazines|
The PR39 is the Tier 7 assault class weapon in Modern Combat 5, featuring a similar statistical profile to the KOG V. The weapon possess a very high rate of fire but average damage; in addition, the PR39's most noticeable deficit is its very slow reload, taking 3-4 seconds to complete by default.
Compared to the KOG V, the PR39 boasts higher armor penetration, but slightly lower rate of fire, accuracy, and range, as well slightly higher recoil and stronger kickback when firing (particularly when hip-firing), which can make it tougher to keep a steady aim on moving targets.
On the whole, the PR39 can be considered a "higher risk, higher reward" alternative to the more versatile KOG V, and can be an effective assault rifle in close-quarters combat.
Pros and Cons Edit
Comparison to KOG V Edit
- Higher armor penetration
- Larger magazine size
- Much slower reload
- Slightly lower rate of fire
- Less range
- Stronger recoil and less accuracy}}
- Following the weapons rebalancing in Update XVIII, the PR39 (along with many other high-tier weapons) received a drastically altered statistical profile, with a noticible decrease in damage while retaining its high rate-of-fire and armor penetration.
See also Edit
- The PR39 is one of the few weapons in the series that features a cocking animation when reloading, others being the RSR 45, the Mrager, and the MP5 from Modern Combat: Domination.
- The PR39 is one of the few weapons which features a side-mounted magazine, another being The Stacker which utilizes a clip-feeding mechanism.