An “extremely credible source” once told me that I should attempt to reinstate the concept of a monarchy…to become king of this Macropolis. Korp was not…how you say…“thrilled” with the idea… So much so that they sent a number of guards to strike me from the face of the planet.
Of course, those who fought me lost…very, VERY badly. My skills, you see, are beyond the extraordinary, and my IQ is the highest the world has ever SEEN — so, naturally, those in my vicinity often feel rather ill at eshame, really… If I HAD been crowned monarch, I COULD have helped clean up the slums — just as Korp has always wished! Things being as they are, however, I chose to join up as an Agent — a choice that I feel makes the most of my unique gifts to the world.
...What were we talking about again? Me? Good. Now I do not blame you for being curious, but my accent is something I cultivated myself — to emulate the greatest of all cultures, and to differentiate myself from the common herd. I feel it makes me sound superior...yet pleasant. Don’t you agree?
He is easily recognized by his European accent, which was something he 'cultivated (himself), to emulate the greatest of all cultures.' His name derives from his (failed) attempt to govern a part of the Void (a 'Macropolis'). He is very efficient at long range combat and has a very high IQ.
As one of two snipers in the game, Monark is efficient at very long range and can take down enemies from across the map. However, he is not suited for close quarters combat, so if the zone is in a small, constricted space, Monark will not be able to operate efficiently. As a result, Monark will rarely ever enter a zone, especially when it is contested, presenting little utility value to the team. Having more than one Monark on a single team will often result in a defeat for that team, as there will not be many other teammates to defend a zone. While Monark may not be suited for close quarters combat, he is equipped with a pistol, which is a more viable option to equip than a sniper rifle in close quarters, however the pistol has limited damage and ammunition. His pistol also allows him to move faster, especially when moving between sniping positions.
His VON 7 rifle possesses what is perhaps the poorest hip-fire mode out of all sniper rifles. In order to get a hit without using a scope, you need to be literally right in the enemy's face to be able to hit the enemy, unless you are very, very, very lucky. Using the VON 7 requires a lot of skill, coordination, and a bit of luck. When firing using the scope, you will need to hold the trigger until the targeting reticles come together to form what appears to be a hexagon, called a 'lock-on', taking approximately 3 seconds. Once the reticle is formed, the gun will fire, dealing heavy damage. Most enemies will take about 1-2 shots to the torso from the rifle, and in almost all cases a head-shot is a guaranteed instant kill, dealing double damage. This 'lock-on' mechanic is perhaps the most frustrating part of using Monark, as enemies will be constantly moving around, making it hard for the rifle to lock onto its target. Once an enemy is taken down, they will be able to see where you shot from, revealing your position. In most cases players will switch to agents like Ghost to quickly eliminate you at your sniping position, using abilities like Neural Cloak, so be sure to constantly switch up positions after every kill.
When purchased Edit
- "Agent unlocked. Hmhm."
- "There is only one Monark!"
- "Excellence...is a rarity. Hm?"
- "The only correct choice."
- "Look at me! I'm a masterpiece!"
- "No one can compare."
- "Consider this...a favor."
- "My name is Monark. Need I say more?"
- "Monark...huh. The only name you need to know."
- "Well, that is an obvious choice."
- "It is not always about me...but it should be."
- "Ugh... Must I socially engage? Can't we just commence the battle?"
- "Quaff my fame and smell my glory!"
- "Don't get distracted by all this. Worry about yourself."
- "Your outfit... Who dressed you?"
- "Merde... Now, I am angry!"
Killing an enemyEdit
- "Bottom feeder!"
- "Ugh. Trash."
- "C'est shit!"
- "Do us all a favor. Stay dead."
- "Ha-HA! That is now three!"/ "Triple kill!"
- "I have killed four!"/ "Four enemies down!"/"FOUR down!"
- "Five dead!"/"FIVE down!"
- "You can never be too greedy!" *long laugh*/"Killing spree!"/"I am blessed with a gift!"
- "Don't think your debt has been paid." (Vengeance)
- "Ah-ah-ah. Do not steal my kills!"
- "Stand back. I will handle this!"
- "Ha! My pistole. My truest friend!"
- "Do not stand in my way!"
- "I expected no less!"
- "The only outcome possible!"
- "See? My arrogance is justified."
- "Surprised? I know."
- "Disgraceful performance!"
- "Clearly, my team was to blame!"
- "I refuse to accept this!"
- "You are in my sights!" (Launch trailer)
See also Edit
|Agents in Modern Combat Versus|
|Attackers||Lock • Blaze • Revolv|
|Defenders||Juke • Tower • Kan • Ronen • Knox|
|Assassins||MI-NU • Ghost • Sw1ft • Monark • Creeper|
|Specialists||Kult • Seven • Chapka|