|Modern Combat Versus|
|Release date||12 April 2017 (Philippines)|
28 September 2017 (global)
|Size||2.11 GB (will increase)|
Modern Combat Versus is the upcoming 6th title in the mobile Modern Combat series. It is being developed by Gameloft Montreal. Gameloft has confirmed that it's "focused exclusively on multiplayer gaming". Indeed, the French publisher follows up that statement by claiming that it's "designed to host eSport events". There is no campaign mode in MCV, and an active internet connection is required.
Modern Combat Versus is the first game in the series that uses no shoot button. Aiming down the sights is done by tapping the screen twice. Getting kills will allow you to gain Core Charges faster and activate your ability more often.
In a world made uninhabitable by a nuclear war, there are two major factions. KORP is based in the rich and high-tech parts of the cities. OCTO is based in the 'voids' - areas meant for eventual overhaul. These two factions are opposites, but won't start a war. KORP would lose their facade, and OCTO knows that civilians will be killed. That's why Agents of Chaos are called in. These agents are to create disruption in a select area, which will take the form of a PVP match.
There are both ranked and custom matches available. Clans are supported. Players will rank up and will be able to upgrade their health and damage. To keep matches balanced, there is a pool system that places players of similar caliber against each other.
- > Main article: category:Modern Combat Versus Agents.
There are at least twelve playable characters (Agents of Chaos), divided over four roles.
Each character has a unique weapon, ability, and 'alternate action'.
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/ModernCombatVS/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/moderncombatvi
- ↑ http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Modern+Combat+Versus/feature.asp?c=71741
- ↑ http://toucharcade.com/2017/04/06/modern-combat-versus/
- ↑ https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2208&t=471481
- ↑ http://toucharcade.com/2017/04/07/modern-combat-versus-developer-qa-with-gameloft-montreal/