|Modern Combat: Domination|
|Release date||18th January, 2011|
|Platforms||Playstation 3, Mac|
Mac App Store(Not available anymore)
|Requirements||OS X 10.6.6 or later|
Modern Combat: Domination is an online low cost multiplayer first person shooter developed by Gameloft for PlayStation 3 and Mac. The game features both a single player mode and multiplayer mode. The game is the third Modern Combat game to be released, after Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus. It also supports the usage of Playstation Move controls.
The game was taken out of the Mac App Store sometime in the first half of 2014.
There are two factions in the game: Special Forces and Merceranies.
Modern Combat: Domination has six different game modes:
- Team Deathmatch
- Domination - (a Conquest game mode)
- Boom & Bust - (an Assault game mode)
- Escort - (one player is randomly assigned as the "escort," and all his teammates must help him escape the level. If the escort dies, the round is over.)
- Extraction - (a briefcase is spawned in the level, and one team must retrieve it and bring it back to their spawn point.)
Note that Boom & Bust, Escort, and Extraction modes feature no respawns.
There are 5 maps in-game and 32 weapons.
- Special Forces
- SGT. Fernando Iguana
- COL.Sam Johnson
- LT.Norm Rayne
- COL.Bill Kilbash
- SGT.Needle Khris
- GEN.John Doe
- SGT.El Diablo
- Gen.Hans Lando
- PVT.Ivon Drago
- PVT.John Carnage
- This is the second game to be released on a gaming console, the other one being Modern Combat: Sandstorm, and is the only Modern Combat Game to be released on a Mac.
- This game shares the same title theme music from Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus.
- It's the first game to have multiplayer with AI and the only game to have singleplayer with no campaign.
- ↑ Citation needed
- ↑ http://www.gamesradar.com/modern-combat-domination-review/