- > For the Modern Combat 5: Blackout variant, see Bosk 3.
Modern Combat 3: Fallen NationEdit
|Likely based on||Heckler & Koch MP7|
United States Army (in Mission 2: Sacrifice)
|Rate of fire|
|Magazine size||20 (Standard Mag)|
30 (Extended Mags)
|Firing sound |
The MC81 is an extremely common weapon in the campaign, and is the main primary weapon for the majority of the KPR forces. The gun can be found in every mission except for Dragon King of the Sea, Cold Blooded, Chaos Factory, Sacrifice, and Martyrdom. The MC81 is normally found without any attachments, but it can be found in Facade with a Red Dot Sight, and in Surgical Strikes with a Holographic Sight, as well as a rare silenced version. The weapon handles exactly as it does in multiplayer, though it can kill enemies faster, due to damage multipliers added only in campaign.
Unlocked at rank 3, the MC81 is a versatile weapon with low damage, high accuracy, high mobility and a high rate of fire. The iron sights are very open and clear, negating the need for any optics, which frees an attachment slot for something else. The nearly non-existent recoil and high accuracy make up for the low damage of each individual round, and allows the MC81 to be used for long-range combat with an ACOG Scope with surprising effectiveness. FMJ Bullets are also recommended, as the low damage of the gun can be a problem in some situations, especially at mid-range
Despite the low damage output, the MC81 is still a force to be reckoned with at close range, having a very fast time to kill up close. Its nonexistent recoil and clear iron sights ensure that it can still be competitive at mid-range.
|Red Dot Sight||2,000|
|Weapons of Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation|
|Handguns||MK45 • Vulture • .44 Revolver|
|Submachine guns||MC81 • OPS55 • TXR-Reaper|
|Assault rifles||Bravel-1 • ACM • KT-44 • Maiden • TZ4-Compakt • ZN6-Prototype|
|Shotguns||Defiler • N4010 • Roar 3000|
|Light machine guns||Shred-4 • Automat-X|
|Sniper rifles||Intercept-L200 • KR600|
|Launchers||Rampage-4 • ZXD|
- The MC81 has three skulls on its side.
- The world model shows the MC81 with its forward Grip folded, and the player's character can be seen unfolding it when it is selected.
- However, in multiplayer, the grip is unfolded at all times, and the player simply draws the weapon by dropping the grip into his hand.
- A rare MC81 can be dropped by an enemy that has a red dot sight and a silencer attached in Mission 1 and Mission 12. In Mission 12, however almost all MC81s have a red dot sight only so it is very hard to find the one with a silencer.
- This is the predecessor to the Bosk 3 in Modern Combat 5: Blackout.